Mt. Pulaski Courthouse State Historic Site
Abraham Lincoln practiced law in this courthouse (Spring of 1848 through Fall of 1855) during his time on the 8th Judicial Circuit. The courtroom on the second floor has the original wooden floor upon which Abraham Lincoln once paced during his law practice here. Today, the Mt. Pulaski Courthouse has been restored to its 1847 appearance and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.